Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Ive been trying to get photo's taken for my "in the works" ETSY store, and as usual i have procrastinated and put off the things i needed to do for it.
But finally i am organised and finished, I've built my light box, bought some lamps and put it all together this afternoon.
My very good friend Cass, is coming to take the pics for me some time this week, I'm a terrible photographer with an awful camera and Cassie is a Whizz Bang Photographer so she's saving my skin here.
I was so excited to be finished i just had to have a little photo shoot of my own on the dining table.
Here are the results.....what to do you think?
Thursday, March 26, 2009
- Baby Burp / Cleaning cloths (pictured) - just need to be finished off and ironed
- Stitching Felt Appliques
- Printing fabrics and cutting block prints!
- Sewing up handprinted Matryoshka dolls
- Making Terrariums - just for fun
- Mending old clothes - cos March is Mending month
- Not cooking.........so over it this week
- All the boring side of Crafty Business - ie - costs and profits Spreadsheet catch up
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
- Silk Maxi dress from Sussan's last year - Biggest bargain EVER - $200ish dollars reduced to $20!!!!!
- Cardigan from my Fashion retail job 6 years ago
- Black silk/wool blend pashmina
- Rabbit chewed aqua blue Haviana's - not seen
There has been allot of talk of Terrariums on the Web lately and i do love the way they look, so whimsical and quirky, like a little fairy garden.
More Pic's from my fabric printing craze this weekend.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
As soon as i saw these wonderful eggs - even just as a thumbnail i knew it was love at first sight.
An absolutley adorable idea and so original!
These Chalkboard Ostrich eggs are made by Lisa Tilse of The Red Thread
Lisa is taking orders for these as an alternative gift idea for Easter, im definitely getting one for some special i know who is an egg enthusiast. I think they would make a great gift for any time of the year!
Have a stroll through her blog and if, like me you think these are simply gorgeous, head over to her Website to place an order.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
- Tote bags with fun felt appliques in progress - The colors look way more fluro than they are in real life
- My Good Sewing scissors - desperate fora sharpening
- A nice fat new box of pearl head pins
- A not so little Dolly in progress - my first ever little person softie!
- A baby bears blanket/quilt with applique patiently waiting its turn
- Lots of felt gifted by Pat
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
- Dark brown thongs/sandles from Payless
- Bleach wash skinny jeans
- Blue oversized singlet
- Silk/cashmere pashmina from India
- Acrylic Beret cos its a bad hair day
Image from HERE
Cosy was the air she breathed that morning, as the raindrops fell on tin roofs around and she awoke with sleep in her eyes and in her ears and on her mind. Wrapped in cream and grey of pillows, sheets and downy quilt.
A morning with no arrangements made and no reason to get up, except the kettle called with a sweet whistle and she could already feel the cold winds blowing in the drafts. So she got out of bed shedding her skins and picking up new ones.
Cosy were the slippers surrounding her feet, a sloppy jumper, satin leapard print pyjamas and a beret for good measure
Green Tea and a cigarette on the balcony, watching the smoke drift out into the storming surrounds and the waves crash violently, relentlessly on the already disappearing sandy shore. A day with nothing to do, warm in her apartment, no reason to do anything but relax as the storms roll on and past and the day does the same.
Warm is her heart to have this space in time to be and have it just for her.
Warm and Cosy.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Strummer is now in its second year of production and going strong!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
We had the pleasurable job of hosting our nearly Brother in Law and his six year old daughter this weekend, so our days have been full of child friendly activities and high pitched giggles.
They have stayed with us before so she knows all about my craft supply filled garage and every spare moment at home was spent colouring and printing and sticking.
I decided collage was the safest thing to do, not too much mess and the only dangerous implement being scissors, and since this is Paper month for "Mikes-Make-A-Long" it gave me a chance to work on some of my own stuff. Have a look at the rest of the groups efforts HERE........and please, if you like mine or anyone else's leave a comment!
Below are my efforts.
A little Miss Muffet Collage
A Silhouette Collage
and a Vintage Biggles Collage for the boys
Little Miss Six made the one with the Koala for My Love to keep
Friday, March 13, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
My favourite is the top one, its like two Mary Poppin's fighting.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
After finding some gorgeous crochet and lace at the Op Shop today i decided to have a go at making some myself to give to my Aunt as a late Birthday Present.
Heres the result......i think they are quite beautiful.