Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Baby Shower // Blessingway Ideas

Im attending a good friends baby shower this weekend and it's got me thinking about what I might do if I decide to have a baby shower.

Im still umming and ahhing about this as we are on a very limited budget and im flat out with working my full time job and extra hours as a contractor in the next few months to make ends meet, but it would be lovley, who knows...........I'm a last minute kinda gal so it might all just come together in the end.

Despite not knowing if this will be something we will do, thanks to pinterest, I have been able to plan how I would imagine my baby shower to be (in a perfect world).

Despite being quite pregnant im not actually baby mad yet, im still maintaining my independance and have made all sorts of unreasonable demands on family and friends (NO PINK! Dont touch the tummy! No CUTESTY baby motifs - elephants, teddy bears etc etc). So you can imagine how much I DONT love the traditional baby shower games and themes going round!

I do however like some of the ideas taken from a blessingway ceremony, I'm a hippy at heart and love the idea of it being a celebration of women and the power of life, so my ideas centre around that feeling with a little bit of fun party stuff thrown in.



 1 // Beeswax Candles - for the guests to make and light at home during the mothers labour
2 // Wax paper straws - such a cute decorative element
3 // Babys Breath Flower Crowns - Theres a cute DIY here
4 // Dreamcatcher - a great decoration for the hippy at heart, I love this DIY by The Red Thread
5 // Giant Fringe Garland - using this great DIY at Oh Happy Day
6 // Styling & Decorations - Inspired by this gender neutral and modern baby shower

No comments: