Saturday, December 6, 2014

Room for a Modern Little Miss

Ive been thinking about updating my daughters nursery lately, actually the whole apartment really. Now that shes showing signs of being mobile my expertly placed clutter and decorative items all seem dangerous and with all the baby stuff everywhere the place is starting to feel chaotic.

I will be starting with our bedroom and Kirras nursery, moving furniture around and clearing out things we really dont need. In the meantime I've been dreaming about my ultimate nursery............my style has changed since becoming a mother and I'm feeling a need for a more clean modern minimal look although I could never give up colour!
I started by choosing a focal piece, I found a whole bunch of beautiful pieces on the Invaluable website


I searched and searched their extensive list of paintings (Find them here  http://www.invaluable.com/paintings/cc-AF14022FJQ/) and finally settled on this beautiful abstract which made me think of my daughter.

The palette for this room was lead by the painting with its rich pinks and  blue tones and pops of yellow.
I focused on bringing out the blues with a mix of natural and white furnishings and a little touch of the pinks and yellows in the bedding. The heroes of this room are without doubt the beautiful Gillian Ayres artwork, the incredibly cool cot from Incy and the gorgeous rug by Armadillo & Co




No comments: