Friday, January 2, 2015

A Handmade Xmas

Xmas was a simple handmade affair for us this year........with a tiny budget and all the chaos (beautiful chaos) of 2014 I wanted something simple, quiet and homely.
I  toned down my Xmas decorations and went with a simple all white decorated tree, some stockings and a cornstarch clay star garland. I handmade a bunch of gifts for family - Homemade Laundry Liquid, Preserved Lemons, Cinnamon Popcorn and Baby Handprints in cornstarch clay for the Grandparents. I also made a couple of special gifts for Kirra, her first doll and a mini house cushion.

In the end we did not have a quiet simple Xmas day (what Xmas day ever is?) and entertained both our families all day at our tiny apartment, it was overwhelming to say the least and I dont even remember sitting down to watch my daughter open presents but I know she had a wonderful day and enjoyed being spoiled and cuddled by her family and that is all that matters.

Heres some snapshots of our Christmas.










No comments: