Sunday, March 28, 2010

Party Styling


I had my first taste of Event Styling yesterday and it went off without a hitch.

The location: Avalon Sailing Club on Sydneys Northern Beaches
The Theme: Nautical - Of Course

The Occasion: My Parents 30th wedding anniversary.

The Sailing club is a beautiful old wooden building, free from any modern pretentions right on the waterfront. A perfect Location for a party, and my family have been long time members there.

I strung over 50 paper lanterns in red, white and pale blue all over the ceiling, and set the tables with red, blue, yellow and striped fabric runners which i'd handmade myself. Table centerpieces were simple jars of sand with fun bright coloured flags handmade my me out of scrap papers, and the FABULOUS papier mache boats which i made using the pattern provided by the Incredible Ann Wood, they were such a hit, so a BIG thank you Ann, they were all snaffled up and taken home by appreciative family members and friends at the end of the night.

The final last minute touch (all credit to my mum!) was to frame the far window with some pale blue fabric (thanks to the single bed sheets which sacrificed thier lives) and make it a focal point, the light shining through it looked gorgeous!

I also brought lots of cushion, throw and chairs for the balcony and even set up a little fishing station and chill out spots on the massive deck below, unfortunately i forgot to take pics of these but they topped it all off.




















































































































2 comments:

Marmelindela said...

It looks so nice! Great job!

Unknown said...

Brilliant! suzie xxx