Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Unleashing My Creativity


Images from the latestst issue of Country Style

I had the most wonderful afternoon at the LISA MADIGAN store in Berry on Saturday.
Lisa has been a friend of mine for many years, in fact we attended Primary and part of High School together and I have been dying to visit her and her sublime shop for quite some time now, so when Lisa offered me a place in her wokshop "Unleash your Creativity" I jumped at the chance.
Lisa has been an artist for as long as I can remember, creativity runs in her blood, and she has been creating stunning works as a professional artist for over 10 years. I admire Lisa's style more than anyone elses, her pure white canvas with tonal creams, grey, brown , blacks and the occasional pop of naural colour exudes warmth and comfortable style and makes my heart ache. Her store is simply stunning and if your ever in Berry its the only place in town for brilliant coffee which Lisa will make for you herself!

The workshop was just what I needed to get me thinking about what lies at the heart of my creativity and what really motivates me to make and create.
With all the incredible artists, makers and crafters atound the world now sharing what they create on the world wide web, it can be easy to get caught up with a million images, inspirations and ideas all competing for space in my little head. It can be overwhelming seeing so many great ideas and sometimes it gets me thinking just a little that maybe my craft and what I make pales in comparison.

It was so nice to get back to basics and do a little painting and sketching and really take the time to THINK instead of DO. I was so inspired when I got home that I spent half of  Sunday and Monday putting whats important to me and My Handmade Heart down on paper. Hopefully as a result of all of this you will start to see some changes going on here soon, maybe a website in the works, a new blog space and some more serious craft and carefully created and well considered useful items.

Untill then, if im not here, I will be off in my happy place THINKING.......

Image From LISA MADIGAN

Image From LISA MAGIGAN

No comments: